Marathon des Sables
“We are kept from our goal not by obstacles but by a clearer path to a lesser goal.” – Robert Brault
Do you yearn for incredible adventure and to feel alive? To break through barriers and design a life you’re passionate about?
In the not too distant future, a small band of adventurous endurance athletes will accompany me to the Sahara Desert in southern Morocco to race in the Marathon des Sables. Known as “The Toughest Footrace on Earth”, the MdS is a six stage, 150+ mile running race over sand dunes, massive ridges, dry creek beds, and desolate, gorgeous country. Imagine that… Running through the Sahara Desert!!
Our journey, however, begins by looking deep inside, discovering the barriers that hold us back. We’ll explore the question “Is there more to life than this?” and set about designing the life that you are passionate about. While training for the greatest athletic accomplishment of your life, you will be identifying how to take each aspect of your life (career, relationship, spiritual, emotional, and financial) to incredible new heights. To be clear, this project is not for the timid, the feint of heart, or the person who is ok with settling or maintaining the status quo. This is only for the person who chooses to live big, to serve others, and live life to the fullest.
Your adventure includes:
- 12 months of high performance life coaching, focused on your goals and challenges – both intense one-on-one as well as group coaching
- Customized, Marathon des Sables-focused coaching by Lisa Smith-Batchen (only female winner of MdS and one of the greatest endurance athletes on the planet)
- Monthly long trail runs led by Joe Grant, one of the top ultra runners in the world – work on form and mental toughness
- 4 day desert training in Death Valley, CA led by Lisa Smith-Batchen and Jay Batchen (9 time MdS finisher) – airfare, lodging, and meals provided
- Functional strength training program with Jamison Crowley in private gym in Denver with two workouts/Ashanti yoga sessions per week – integrate your entire body chain to work in harmony and prevent injuries – your body will transform into a machine!
- Blister care workshop by one of the top blister/foot experts and a copy of “Fixing Your Feet” (the bible of blister care for endurance athletes)
- Entry into 2015 Marathon des Sables
- Airfare, transportation, and hotels to and while in Morocco
- Custom embroidered backpack, clothing, and gear for the race
- Books and workbooks to guide your journey
- A transformational experience to jumpstart the next chapter of your life
Race For a Purpose:
The Success Project: MdS 2015 will help change the world by supporting two incredible organizations, one local and one global.
ACE Scholarships provides private scholarships to low income children in K-12 so they may attend a quality private school and get the head start they need to be successful in life. 91% of ACE scholars graduate high school (Colorado’s grad rate is 59%).
Dreamchasers Foundation was started by Lisa Smith-Batchen and is committed to raising public awareness of the hunger, exploitation, illness and suffering of children around the world. Specifically, our money will support the 10,000+ AIDS orphans at 7 missions in Africa, South America, and India.
Meet Your Coaches
Brad Billingsley – High Performance Life Coach
Brad is the founder of The Success Project, a high intensity life coaching firm that helps successful executives and retired professional athletes design a life they are passionate about. Brad played Inside Linebacker and rugby for University of Colorado at Boulder, then went on to run over a dozen marathons, four Ironman triathlons, two 24 hour solo mountain bike races, and many other adventures. He is also co-host of Pure Hunting on The Sportsman’s Channel. Working individually and with the group, Brad will push you to your limits and help you blow past your barriers in every aspect of your life.
Lisa Smith-Batchen – Desert Training Coach
Lisa Smith-Batchen is a world reknown elite ultra runner, ironman competitor and adventure racer. Lisa is a woman of many “firsts”. She is still the ONLY American to win the Marathon des Sables stage-race through the Moroccan desert and has twice won the Badwater Ultramarathon – considered one of the toughest races in the world. She is also the first and only person to ever have run 50 miles a day in 50 states in the USA in 62 days! Lisa and her husband Jay run Dreamchasers, which provides training and support for adventurous expeditions all over the world. Her incredible attitude and positive spirit will encourage the very best out of you!
Reach Brad at:
The Success Project